We've created a versatile payments platform which allows customers using public transport to tap on and tap off using any payment card, mobile wallet, or wearable device. Our contactless payment solution has been launched with several of Europe’s major transport operators, and we’re now looking for a Business Development Manager to help accelerate our growth in the UK, Europe and subsequently Asia.
Our ideal candidate has 5 to 10 years’ experience in B2B solution sales, preferably in product-driven environments within tech or payments (ideally with experience within a Payment Gateway, Payment Processor, Acquiring Bank or POS Solution provider). You’ll be responsible for managing the end-to-end sales pipeline so you’ll need to be an independent self-starter who is comfortable working in an agile and dynamic international organisation. With experience in technical pre-sales, you’ll have a consultative approach and a willingness to get into the detail of each client’s business.
- Help define Littlepay’s commercial strategy and manage end-to-end sales pipeline
- Drive sales process from lead generation to commercial negotiation
- Use a consultative approach to understand each client’s business, their challenges and the opportunities to identify and correctly position a solution
- Manage sales processes, including regulated procurement responses
- Build effective relationships with our major accounts and key industry partnerships
- Effectively communicate with multiple stakeholders and at all levels of the client’s organisation
- Identify and select marketing and event opportunities and deliver these activities within an agreed budget
- Manage and support tender writing processes
- An outstanding track record in B2B solution sales, preferably in product-driven environments within tech, finance, payments
- Knowledge of payments processing is a must, with knowledge of transit ticketing an advantage
- Experience in prospecting and developing relationships with key decision makers, preferably with some exposure to working with government bodies
- Demonstrated experience managing sales engagements across a broad range; from small, fast commercial deals to process-heavy government procurement
- Excellent written and verbal communication with the ability to strike the right tone and communicate clearly and persuasively in customer conversations, product presentations, or written proposals
- An understanding of long sales cycles and the process of building high-value relationships over time
- A high standard of technical literacy and ideally some knowledge and understanding of solution architecture
- European language is an advantage, ability to travel is a requirement.
In return, we can offer you a competitive salary + health cover (after probationary period) + potential to participate in an employee shareholder scheme + perks (free beer in office, discounted gym membership, ultra-cool colleagues, flexible working).
For details of how your information will be processed as a candidate, please refer to Littlepay's Employee Privacy Notice, which can be found at the bottom of this page.