We’re Littlepay - a fast growing fintech company, and the world's only payment processor specialising in transit payments. We've created a versatile payments platform which allows customers using public transport to tap on and tap off using any payment card, mobile wallet, or wearable device. Our contactless payment solution has been launched with several of Europe’s major transport operators, and we’re now looking to expand globally.
About the Role
At Littlepay, our passion is to make payments journeys effortless, both in-person via contactless and online via web and mobile checkouts. You will join the Engineering team, focused on all aspects of data at Littlepay. As a Data Engineer, you will take ownership for the delivery of products and insights, adding value for internal and external customers. You will need to be curious, self sufficient and motivated to maximise the value that can be brought from our data.
● Identify opportunities for new insights from payment and transit data, proposing solutions and deliver value to internal and external customers
● Write queries and develop pipelines to surface data analysis and visualisations for internal and external users
● Share best practices and experiences with colleagues, contributing to a culture of continuous improvement and deep collaboration
● Ensure compliance with data security and privacy requirements within the data processing platform (e.g. PCI-DSS, GDPR)
● Self starter, capable of working independently and taking ownership
● Experience in data engineering / data science in a cloud environment
● An understanding of batch, streaming and interactive data architectures and technologies
● Experience in aspects of data platforms on AWS (e.g. Glue, Step Functions, Athena, QuickSight)
● Experienced in the design and implementation of platforms using SQL and No-SQL databases, event streams, Scala, Spark and Python.
In return, you’ll get
In this role you'll have the unique opportunity to learn about the payment processing ecosystem including the latest cloud technology, all within the tight-knit environment of an agile scaling startup. Working for Littlepay will give you the chance to work in a fantastic professional working environment, revolutionising the way people pay for transit on a global scale. We offer a competitive salary, flexible work conditions and a great CBD location to work in if you are close to Melbourne.