Littlepay is a fast-growing fintech scaleup, with offices in Melbourne and London and soon in the US. We’ve created a versatile payments platform that allows customers to tap-on and tap-off public transport using a bank card, mobile wallet or enabled wearable device. Our contactless payment solution has been launched with several major cities in Europe and the USA, and we’re now expanding globally, potentially doubling in headcount over the next 2 years.
Payments is an exciting, complex and technical domain. Teamwork is paramount to delivering a critical service to clients - we emphasise candour, initiative, collaboration, flexibility and compassion.
Working alongside a talented leadership team, you’ll have the freedom to put your own stamp on this role with the opportunity to create and develop an P&C strategy that engages a highly talented team in a supportive and friendly environment.
You'll have a broad remit with particular focus on talent acquisition strategy, scaling the organisation, and building a solid foundation to support international expansion. Additionally, you’ll be responsible for:
- Driving high performance through an OKR framework
- Initiatives to enhance culture and engagement
- Developing L&D and training programs
- Managing cyclical HR activities
Supporting the team as a trusted advisor, you’ll also provide coaching and advice on all employee relations matters.
You are a P&C leader and have worked within a high-growth international tech environment, with an understanding of the complexities of scaling a team globally. You'll be comfortable with the stresses and pressures of a high-growth business operating across multiple time zones, where decisions have to be made quickly and mistakes are sometimes made. With an entrepreneurial spirit and intellectual curiosity, you’ll be able to align innovative P&C initiatives with business objectives and be happy to take a “hands on'' approach. Your ability to work flexibly and get involved on an operational level is crucial to the success of this role. Additionally you’ll have:
- 5+ years’ experience in a HR leadership role, ideally with some experience in a fast growth tech environment
- Experience in growing an HR/P&C function to deliver high performance and attract talent
- Demonstrated experience in developing, reviewing and implementing innovative P&C strategies, initiatives, frameworks and policies to meet operational and strategic business objectives
- A solid understanding of employment legislation and best practice contemporary HR (added bonus if you’ve got some knowledge of the UK and/or US employment landscape)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in order to build effective working relationships with all levels of the business
- Bachelor’s or Master’s level degree in Human Resources or similar discipline.
In return, you’ll get
Being part of the Littlepay team will give you the chance to work with a great bunch of people who are revolutionising the way travellers pay for transit on a global scale.
This role would be a great opportunity for an experienced Head of People & Culture to join a fast-growing team at a pivotal point in our journey. You’ll also get a competitive salary, flexible work conditions, learning and development opportunities and an amazing CBD co-working space to work in.