We’re Littlepay - a fast growing fintech company headquartered in Melbourne, and the world's only payment processor specialising in transit payments. We've created a versatile payments platform which allows customers using public transport to tap on and tap off using any payment card, mobile wallet, or wearable device. We've launched our contactless payment solution with several of Europe’s major transport operators, and are now expanding globally.
We have a great opportunity for an experienced Accountant to join our small finance team. Reporting to the Finance Manager and working closely with the wider team, you’ll be involved in all areas of finance and accounting. . On a typical day you might find yourself:
- Helping drive continuous improvement in management reporting to ensure performance measures are relevant for business needs
- Resolving accounts payable and accounts receivable queries
- Preparing and lodging BAS
- Processing general journal entries
- Maintaining our fixed asset register
- Assisting in collating information for the monthly management report and completion of month end activities
- Preparing monthly payroll including payroll tax reporting.
With 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role, you’ll have a strong knowledge of accounting concepts including accruals and prepayments. Your exceptional organisational skills are a given, as is your ability to work autonomously and as part of a small team. Additionally you’ll have:
- University degree in accounting or finance, ideally CA or CPA qualified
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- QuickSight skills desirable
- Advanced Xero experience
- Strong knowledge of accounting concepts including accruals and prepayments
- Knowledge of statutory requirements relating to BAS, GST and payroll tax
- UK experience desirable
- Experience in a tech or start-up environment would be an advantage.
In return, you’ll get
Being part of the Littlepay team will give you the chance to work with a great bunch of people who are revolutionising the way travellers pay for transit on a global scale. People come first at Littlepay and teamwork is paramount – we value candour, initiative, collaboration, flexibility and compassion.
This role would be a great opportunity for a motivated accountant who’s interested in working in the payments or intech space. You’ll also get a competitive salary, flexible work conditions, learning and development opportunities and an amazing CBD co-working space to work in.