We’re Littlepay - a fast growing fintech company, and the world's only payment processor specialising in transit payments. We've created a versatile payments platform which allows customers using public transport to tap on and tap off using any payment card, mobile wallet, or wearable device. Our contactless payment solution has been launched with several of Europe’s major transport operators, and we’re now expanding globally.
We are looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer to join our highly skilled engineering team. The role would suit someone who is keen to improve processes, troubleshoot problems, and drive infrastructure best practices. They will be able to collaborate with team members in order to deliver product requirements and develop effective/collaborative working relationships with colleagues.
You will focus on the availability of our production environment, and help develop our capabilities around logging, operational monitoring, anomaly detection, alerting and incident management as we expand the geographic reach of our product. The role also involves service improvement, security monitoring and ensuring the elasticity of our platform.
Working in our AWS microservices architecture you will ensure we identify issues before they impact our customers. You will take a hands-on approach to driving development of automated tools, in an effort to mitigate future incidents.
- Collaborate with the development team to improve processes and tools
- Participate in the evaluation and integration of new technologies and best practices
- Drive best practices in automation of CI/CD processes for reliability
- Continuously improve the provisioning, deployment and monitoring of a highly available, scalable platform
- Be on rotation to respond to platform availability incidents and support service operations with customer incidents outside of normal business hours.
- Debug production issues across services and levels of the stack.
- Previous experience in a similar role such as Senior Devops Engineer or Devops / Infrastructure Lead
- Professional experience in delivering production workloads with a range of AWS technologies (ECS Fargate, VPC, EBS, S3, Route53, IAM, RDS, DynamoDB, SQS, Cloudwatch, ALB, NLB, ELB, Service Discovery, Security Groups, NACLs, AWS VPN connections, Site-to-Site, Customer Gateways, Transit Gateway)
- Responsibility for implementation of Infrastructure as Code, specifically Terraform and Ansible in a production environment.
- Experience with Java, Docker, Kafka, SQL
- Knowledge of web, security, and networking protocols, load-balancing, iptables (e.g HAProxy)
- Analytical mindset, natural curiosity, initiative and willingness to think outside of the box to solve problems, using engineering approaches to running better production systems
- An attitude that favours continuous improvement
- Exposure to PCI-DSS requirements
- Payments or financial industry experience
- Good understanding of forwarding proxies and NAT technologies (DNAT, SNAT)
- Good understanding of shell scripting and/or any computer programming language
- Good understanding of RDBMS performance tuning and metric analysis
- Values knowledge sharing, enjoys teaching and learning
- Proactive and takes initiative!
- Good troubleshooting skills
- Able to thrive in a small team environment
You'll have the opportunity to learn about the payment processing ecosystem from end-to-end. You'll be working with the latest cloud technology and bank-grade data security, and involved in the provision of critical payment services that impact millions of daily commuters. All within the tight-knit environment of an agile scaling startup.
We offer a competitive salary, flexible work conditions, ample opportunity for professional development, and a great CBD location close to Southern Cross station.