We are Littlepay, a fast-growing fintech company and the world's only payment processor specialising in transit payments. We have created a versatile payments platform, which allows customers using public transport to tap-on and tap-off using a payment card, mobile wallet or enabled wearable device. Our contactless payment solution has been launched with several of Europe’s major transport operators and we are now looking to expand globally.
About the Role
We’re looking for a Senior Fraud Analyst to develop and lead Littlepay’s in-house risk analytics and reporting and support a number of strategic initiatives across Payment Risk and Fraud Management. This role would suit someone who is passionate about fraud prevention and has extensive experience in a similar role.
- Perform business risk assessments on Littlepay’s customers to identify risk factors and trends of potential fraudulent activity;
- Develop trend reports and key indicators to serve as early warning risk indicators for potential fraudulent activity;
- Develop, implement and optimise comprehensive fraud detection strategies and business rules that balance fraud loss, cost of execution, and customer experience;
- Lead root cause analysis to identify opportunities to predict, prevent and mitigate risk, and improve related operational processes;
- Take ownership of risk tools, processes and procedures to increase efficiency of manual tasks, accuracy of decision making and quality of output;
- Facilitate monthly and quarterly reviews for our enterprise-level merchants;
- Act as a point of escalation and subject matter expert on Risk & Fraud matters within the Service Operations team;
- Work cross-functionally with Product and Engineering teams to problem solve and clarify requirements for fraud and risk related products and solutions
- Develop and document policies and best practices internally for Littlepay and externally to our partners and merchants.
Experience and Qualifications
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science / Computer Engineering / Software Engineering / Mathematics / Statistics or equivalent;
- 3+ years’ experience as Fraud / Risk Analyst role in a high-paced environment, preferably in the e-commerce, payments, FinTech or Financial Services industries;
- Experience and expertise with various fraud detection and investigation tools;
- Proven ability to develop and improve processes and demonstrate the impact of these with data;
- Proven ability to analyse, evaluate and mitigate fraud risks;
- Excellent SQL and Excel skills;
- Solid technical background and understanding of Relational databases (MySQL, MS SQL), Amazon Redshift and Athena, and demonstrated proficiency using BI tools (PowerBI, Tableau);
- Experience working with large data sets in a data-driven environment.
- Knowledge or experience using R and/or Python to implement Machine Learning algorithms (or Data Science in general) to solve business problems;
- Experience within transit payments and technology;
- Experience in building database-driven user interfaces/applications.
Skills and Attributes
- Naturally curious and passionate about risk prevention and data analysis;
- Advocates for slick processes, always aiming for quality, simplicity and efficiency (in that order);
- Strong collaborator, communicator with the ability to influence stakeholders across organisations;
- Ability to be organised and decisive while under pressure, when managing urgent and critical production issues as and when they occur;
- Good rapport and relationship building skills with both internal departments and external customers;
- Systematically and thoroughly documents all processes under his/her responsibility
- A positive and enthusiastic approach.
In return, you’ll get...
The chance to work in a fantastic professional working environment, revolutionising the way people pay for transit on a global scale. We offer a competitive salary, flexible work conditions and a pet-friendly working space in the heart of London.