We’re Littlepay - a fast growing fintech company, and the world's only payment processor specialising in transit payments. We've created a versatile payments platform which allows customers using public transport to tap on and tap off using any payment card, mobile wallet, or wearable device. Our contactless payment solution has been launched with several of Europe’s major transport operators, and we’re now expanding globally.
We are looking for an experienced Site Reliability Engineer to join our highly skilled engineering team. You will focus on the availability of our production environment, and help develop our capabilities around logging, operational monitoring, anomaly detection, alerting and incident management as we expand the geographic reach of our product. The role also involves service improvement, security monitoring and ensuring the elasticity of our platform.
Working in our AWS microservices architecture you will ensure we identify issues before they impact our customers. You will take a hands-on approach to driving development of automated tools, in an effort to mitigate future incidents.
- Monitor and report on the availability and performance of our SaaS platform
- Automate processes for reliability
- Analyse logs, metrics, and monitors to perform accurate root cause analysis
- Be on rotation to respond to platform availability incidents and support service operations with customer incidents outside of normal business hours.
- Make monitoring and alerting to detect symptoms and prevent outages.
- Automate repeatable actions
- Debug production issues across services and levels of the stack.
- Incident management tool automation
- Manage the provisioning, deployment and monitoring of a highly available, scalable platform
- Collaborate with the development team to improve processes and tools
- Participate in the evaluation and integration of new technologies and best practices
- Professional experience with a range of AWS technologies (ECS Fargate, VPC, EBS, S3, Route53, IAM, RDS, DynamoDB, SQS, Cloudwatch, ALB, NLB, ELB, Service Discovery, Security Groups, NACLs, VPN)
- Infrastructure as Code, specifically Terraform and Ansible
- Experience with Java, Docker, Kafka, SQL
- Good understanding of RDBMS performance tuning and metric analysis
- Knowledge of web, security, and networking protocols, load-balancing (e.g HAProxy)
- Analytical mindset, natural curiosity, initiative and willingness to think outside of the box to solve problems, using engineering approaches to running better production systems
- An attitude that favours continuous improvement
- Exposure to PCI-DSS requirements
- Payments or financial industry experience
- Good understanding of shell scripting and/or any computer programming language
- Proactive and takes initiative!
- Good troubleshooting skills
- Able to thrive in a small team environment
- Values knowledge sharing, enjoys teaching and learning
In this role you'll have the opportunity to learn about the payment processing ecosystem from end-to-end. You'll be working with the latest cloud technology and bank-grade data security, and involved in the provision of critical payment services that impact millions of daily commuters. All within the tight-knit environment of an agile scaling startup .
We offer a competitive salary, flexible work conditions, ample opportunity for professional development, and a great CBD location close to Southern Cross station.
We will provide relocation support for the right candidate (in Australia).