Come and join the Littlepay engineering team! We've created a versatile payments platform which allows customers using public transport to tap on and tap off using any payment card, mobile wallet, or wearable device. Our cloud-native SaaS platform simplifies transit payments for travellers, operators, and partners. Our vision is to be the world’s leading specialist payment service provider for transit.
We are looking for an experienced Site Reliability Engineer to join our highly skilled team, focusing on our capabilities around logging, operational monitoring, anomaly detection, alerting and incident management as we continue to expand the reach of our product. The role also involves service improvement, security monitoring and ensuring the elasticity of our platform.
Working in our microservices architecture you will ensure we have the necessary capabilities in place to identify issues before they impact our customers. You will take a hands-on approach to driving development of automated tools, in an effort to mitigate future incidents.
- Monitor and report on the availability and performance of our SaaS platform
- Automate processes for reliability
- Analyse logs, metrics, and monitors to perform accurate root cause analysis
- Be on rotation to respond to platform availability incidents and support service operations with customer incidents outside of normal business hours.
- Make monitoring and alerting to detect symptoms and prevent outages.
- Automate repeatable actions
- Debug production issues across services and levels of the stack.
- Incident management tool automation
- Manage the provisioning, deployment and monitoring of a highly available, scalable platform
- Collaborate with the development team to improve processes and tools
- Participate in the evaluation and integration of new technologies and best practices
- Professional experience with a range of AWS technologies (ECS Fargate, VPC, EBS, S3, Route53, IAM, RDS, DynamoDB, SQS, Cloudwatch, ALB, NLB, ELB, Service Discovery, Security Groups, NACLs, VPN)
- Infrastructure as Code, specifically Terraform and Ansible
- Experience with Java, Docker, Kafka, SQL
- Knowledge of web, security, and networking protocols, load-balancing (e.g HAProxy)
- Analytical mindset, natural curiosity, initiative and willingness to think outside of the box to solve problems, using engineering approaches to running better production systems
- An attitude that favours continuous improvement
- Exposure to PCI-DSS requirements
- Payments or financial industry experience
- Proactive and takes initiative!
- Good troubleshooting skills
- Able to thrive in a small team environment
- Values knowledge sharing, enjoys teaching and learning
Being part of the Littlepay team will give you the chance to work in a fantastic professional working environment, revolutionising the way people pay for transit on a global scale. We offer a competitive salary, flexible work conditions and a great CBD location to work in, close to Southern Cross station.
At Littlepay we believe great people build great products and we are committed to providing the opportunities and support you need for professional and personal development.